UTC-Local Time setting confusion

There is always confusion when setting up your mount time it needs to be synchronized with your computer and astronomical software like maxim dl, SGP or TheSkyx among anothers.

I am using 10Micron 1000 mount , and the hand control is simple if you LOOK well at the meaning of the screen when setting the UTC time with your local time.

In the HC go to Menu -Local Data , remember what i said pay attention to the words 'Local Data' meaning the condition of your local time, for example

In South of Spain we have the following:

Summer Time (+1) on
UTC +1
Local Time (currently as I write this 16:38

So, in my PC I have the correct time (Window 10 right hand corner) 16:38


  • In my HC I continue with the setting, Menu-Local Data-Clock
  • Select 'Date and Time' and SETUP your local time. NOT the UTC time
  • Then select 'Local Timezone' in other words your region UTC difference to your Local Time, in my case is +1
  • Finally select 'Daylight' or Summer time save. In my region is 'ON'
To check if both Computer and Mount are correctly setup go to Maxim DL, under Observatory select 'site and optics'

Under Universal Time you should have Computer 15:38 and Telescope(which is mount) 15:38.

THIS IS THE WAY TO HAVE ALL THE TIME CORRECT IN ALL THE SYSTEMS.

IT WORKS THE SAME TO ALL DIFFERENT MOUNTS IN THE MARKET.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I hope that you enjoy this blog, please comment anything related to the items posted, I accept all constructive comments and help out in any questions put forward if i can.